Mahalabia (Egyptian creamy dessert) recipe
We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
Known as Mahalabia in Egypt and other Middle Eastern countries, this rich dessert is made with milk, cream, sugar and vanilla.
4 people made this
- 475ml milk
- 240ml double cream
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornflour, or more as needed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, or to taste (optional)
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:15min ›Extra time:1hr30min chilling › Ready in:1hr50min
- Combine milk, cream, sugar, vanilla sugar and cornflour in a saucepan and whisk until well combined. Slowly bring to the boil over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and mixture coats the back of a spoon, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Pour the mixture into 4 dessert bowls and allow to cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes. Refrigerate until chilled, 1 more hour. Sprinkle cinnamon on top before serving, if you like.