Braised Chicken with Green Peppers and Tomatoes
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 4 tablespoons (about) extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 1/4 pounds skinless boneless chicken thighs (about 12)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh Italian parsley
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into 1-inch squares
- 6 whole tomatoes from 28-ounce can, drained, chopped
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Working in batches, cook chicken until golden brown, about 4 minutes total, adding more oil as needed. Transfer to platter (reserve skillet).
Add onion, garlic, and parsley to same skillet; sauté until onion is soft, scraping up browned bits, about 4 minutes. Add green peppers, tomatoes, and wine; return chicken to skillet. Cover; simmer over medium-low heat 30 minutes. Uncover; cook until chicken is tender and sauce is reduced, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.