Apple, Pear, and Dried-Cherry Crumble
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 4 cups)
- 2 large pears, peeled, cored, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup dried cherries (about 6 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons pure maple syrup (preferably grade B)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 13x9x2-inch oval ceramic baking dish. Mix 1 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and nutmeg in large bowl. Add apples, pears, and dried cherries to bowl; sprinkle with lemon juice and toss to coat. Transfer to prepared dish.
Using fingertips, mix butter, brown sugar, lemon peel, remaining 1 1/2 cups flour, and remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl until moist clumps form. Crumble butter mixture over fruit.
Bake until fruit bubbles at edges and crumble is crisp and beginning to brown on top, about 1 hour. Cool about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, beat cream in medium bowl until peaks form. Gradually whisk in maple syrup.
Spoon crumble into bowls and serve with vanilla ice cream and maple cream.