Scallop Gratins with Garlic-Lemon Butter
- 5 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups fresh breadcrumbs made form French bread
- 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops, side muscles trimmed
Mix 4 tablespoons chopped parsley, butter, chopped shallot, minced garlic, and grated lemon peel in medium bowl to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper. DO AHEAD Seasoned butter can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before using.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs; sauté until crisp and golden, about 6 minutes. Transfer to plate.
Rub some of seasoned butter on bottom and sides of four 1 1/4-cup ramekins or custard cups. Divide scallops among prepared dishes. Spread 1 teaspoon remaining seasoned butter atop scallops in each dish. Top with breadcrumbs, dividing equally. Dot breadcrumbs with remaining seasoned butter.
Place scallop gratins on large baking sheet. Bake until scallops are cooked through, about 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley and serve.