Chilaquiles in Chipotle Sauce
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 18 5- to 6-inch-diameter white corn tortillas, each cut into 8 triangles
- 3 large fresh epazote sprigs, stemmed, or 3 fresh oregano sprigs
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup crema mexicana or sour cream
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
Pour enough oil into large deep skillet to reach depth of 1 inch. Attach deep-fry thermometer; heat oil over medium-high heat to 350°F. Add 12 tortilla triangles at a time to oil. Fry until golden, turning occasionally, about 1 minute. Using slotted spoon, transfer chips to paper towels; cool.
Heat Chipotle Sauce in another large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add epazote; simmer 2 minutes. Season with salt; stir in chips. Immediately divide among 6 plates. Top with cilantro, then crema, queso fresco, and onion.